Your wedding is one of your most special days and a way to create an amazing keepsake to cherish for years to come is to create special items from your wedding dress. We can create an bear that is approximately 18" tall when finished and we can create a custom dress for the bear made from the most decorative parts of your dress. Coordinating buttons for eyes and fleece for the nose are hand sewn on to the bear. Your bear will be made in a smoke-free and pet free environment.
What can a bear be made of?
- A bear can be made from shirts, pants, dresses, stocking hats, blankets, onesies, or most any other fabric type material (cotton, flannel, fleece, and knit). Non-ideal materials would be very sheer material, fragile lace, and beaded or sequin material. Please wash all materials before sending or bring them to us.
How much material do I need?
- We will typically use the most simple parts of your dress to create the bear and use the most decorative parts to create the custom dress. Each dress is custom made based on the type of dress you have and any put you can offer.
- Common accent pieces are the face piece between the eyes, the fronts of the ears, and the base of the feet.
Can I have a name or initials or a date embroidered on the bear?
- Yes, we offer embroidery customization for an extra fee. Common places to add customization is on the arm of the bear, the feet base and the tummy. Please note what you would like added and that the spelling is correct. Pricing for customization ranges from $5-10/bear.
What is the bear stuffed with?
- I fill the bears with always new Poly-fil batting.
How long does it take to get a bear made?
- Depending on the work schedule, please allow 6-8 weeks for a bear to be completed.
What else can be made from my wedding dress?
- We have made ring bearer pillows, garters, and taken lace from a dress to decorate a handkerchief for a new bride.