This Military Keepsake Memory bear is made from a loved one's service uniforms, patches and other sewable memorabilia. We are most honored to create memory bears for those loved ones who served in our armed forces and as first responders. You are truly our national heroes. This memory bear is made from your loved one's uniforms and patches and can be a great gift to keep for yourself or give to family member or friend to keep for generations. This bear is approximately 18" tall when finished and has the option for additional embroidery to personalize it even more. Coordinating buttons for eyes and fleece for the nose are hand sewn on to the bear. Your bear will be made in a smoke-free and pet free environment.
What can a bear be made of?
- A bear can be made from fatigues, dress uniforms, t-shirts, pants ties and more. Please wash all materials before sending or bring them to us. We love to add patches to the bears as well if you have them to be used.
How much material do I need?
- Small and medium adult sized shirts/clothing will require two articles of clothing
- Adult large shirts/clothing and bigger will typically make one full bear
Can I use multiple items of clothing in the bear?
- Yes, of course! A mixture of various pieces of clothing can be used to make the bear. Please make note of what you might like used and where. Common accent pieces are the face piece between the eyes, the fronts of the ears, and the base of the feet.
Can I have a name or initials or text embroidered on the bear?
- Yes, we offer embroidery customization for an extra fee. Common places to add customization is on the arm of the bear, the feet base and the tummy. Please note what you would like added and that the spelling is correct. Pricing for customization ranges from $5-10/bear.
What is the bear stuffed with?
- I fill the bears with always new 100% polyester Poly-fil batting.
How long does it take to get a bear made?
- Depending on the work schedule, please allow 6-8 weeks for a bear to be completed. Please do let us know if this item needs to be rushed for purposes of helping someone who needs help in the healing process of losing a loved one.
Please send your items to the follow address:
The Unlimited Stitch
Attn: Clothing Keepsakes Department
225 N Main Street
Morton, Illinois 61550
Give us a quick message to let us know that you have sent your items so we can keep a watch out for them! We will contact you when we are ready to ship them back out to you.
Thank you again for trusting us with your loved one's items and we are extremely honored to be creating these keepsakes for you!