This patchwork memory pillow is made from 2+ or more pieces of your loved one's clothing to be combined together in a single pillow front and can be a great gift to keep for yourself or give to family member or friend to keep for generations. This pillow can made into various sizes of pillows to best fit the shirt and your desires. Pillows will be made to have a hidden zipper opening on the bottom so the pillow form to easily be removed for washing. There is an option for additional embroidery to personalize it with a name or poem.
What can a pillow be made of?
- A pillow is best made from shirts, sweaters, pants, dresses, blankets, or most any other large fabric type material (cotton, flannel, fleece, and knit). Non-ideal materials would be very sheer material, fragile lace, and beaded or sequin material. Please make sure wash all materials before sending or bring them to us.
Can I use multiple items of clothing in a pillow?
- Yes, of course that's exactly what it is. If you prefer a pillow made from just one shirt or clothing item check out our standard memory pillow.
How do handle dress shirts with buttons and a collar?
- With dress shirts, you have the option of keeping the buttoned collar or not having it included. The shirt buttons will be left as is to access the pillow form inside the pillow if it ever needs washed.
Can I have a name or initials or text embroidered on the pillow?
- Yes, we offer embroidery customization for an extra fee. Most pillows can be directly stitched on but often the color schemes, especially with plaid shirts that a patch would be recommended to be added to the shirt with the poem or letter added.
What size of pillow can be made?
- Pillows can be 12x16", 14x14", 16x16", or 18x18" in size. Size can be selected based on the size of the article of clothing provided and your preference of size. Some shirts may have a particular logo or design that requires a particular size of pillow to best display it.
How long does it take to get a pillow made?
- Depending on the work schedule, please allow at least 6-8 weeks for a bear to be completed. Please do let us know if this item needs to be rushed for purposes of helping someone who needs help in the healing process of losing a loved one.
Please send your items to the follow address:
The Unlimited Stitch
Attn: Clothing Keepsakes Department
225 N Main Street
Morton, Illinois 61550
Give us a quick message to let us know that you have sent your items so we can keep a watch out for them! We will contact you when we are ready to ship them back out to you.
Thank you again for trusting us with your loved one's items and we are extremely honored to be creating these keepsakes for you!